Friday, December 9, 2016

Fabric Frenzy Friday

Happy Friday!! I hope you all had a good week!  
We have a lovely Christmas bundle of fabric to share with you today.  I had a lot of fun with this festive bundle!  Be sure to scroll down to see what I made!

Santa's Village 


Santa's Village 




This week's bundle is called Santa's Village and features a sweet scenic Santa print from P&B Textiles!   Red, white, and light blue coordinates are included.
You'll receive 8 cuts:
  1. Christmas Village Santa & Friends - P&B Textiles
  2. Penny's Pets Bitty Daisies Red - Robert Kaufman
  3. Essentials Snowflakes Light Blue - Wilmington
  4. Small Dots White/Red - Riley Blake
  5. Christmas Village Woodland Friends - P&B Textiles
  6. Metro Living Square in Square Red - Robert Kaufman
  7. Imagine Snowmen Blue Snowflakes - Fabri-Quilt
  8. Pixies Square Dot Blender Red - Quilting Treasures

This bundle is so charming! I loved sewing up these pillows! I decided to make two different pillows to showcase all the fun prints in this bundle! To make both pillows I used a fat quarter bundle. 

The first pillow I made I wanted to feature the cute winter print and I thought this pattern would really do that!  You can find the tutorial here for this pillow! I did change mine up a bit - by not not adding the corner square triangles on the blue prints because I wanted to keep those pieces whole to really showcase the cuteness of the print!

The second pillow, I really wanted to feature how charming the main print is! So all I did was add a couple of borders.  This is a super easy and simple and you really couldn't whip up a faster pillow! :)

Cutting:
Out of main print: 16" x 16" square
Out of red: 2 - 1.25" x 16" strips and 2 - 1.25" x 17.5" strips
Out of blue snowflake: 2 - 2" x 17.5" strips and 2" x 20.5" 

Instructions: Start with the red border.  Sew the left and right strip (1.25" x 16") on and press. Then add the top and bottom strip (1.25" x 17") and press. 

Now sew on the light blue border: Sew the left and right side strip (2" x 17.5") and press.  Then add the top and bottom strip (2" x 20.5") and press. 



That's it my friends! Super easy and cute as can be! :) 



Now that we shared our fabric for the week, we want to see yours!
Here is your chance to link up anything to do with fabric! You can link up finished quilts, a work in progress, a new fabric you just bought, a project made with fabric, or maybe you just want to show off some of your stash.  Anything goes--as long as it has to do with fabric! 
*Please link up a specific post, not your main page
*Please link back or use a button on your post, or blog. 
*Please visit some other links and leave a comment! :) 


2 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

This is such a cute fabric bundle! I love making Christmas pillows.

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

I love the Christmas cushions.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...