Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Dresden Table Runner {Tutorial}



Hi there! I have a lovely new project to share with you today!  I am a long time fan of Dresden Blocks - and when I saw this beautiful fabric by Brenda Riddle - I knew I had to make some Dresden Blocks out of it!  It was like a match made in quilting heaven! :) 



I couldn't just stop at one Dresden, I had to make three....I could have probably made 20 of these lovelies, but I thought a table runner would be absolutely perfect.  I added some simple strips between the Dresden blocks - and voila - a perfect, pretty table runner!  

Dresden Table Runner KIT
45" x 12"
 If you have always wanted to make a dresden project, but didn't want to commit to a quilt - this is the perfect project for you!  If you are new to making this block - then I highly recommend buying the Easy Dresden Ruler - it is a huge time saver and you can use it to make all different sizes of Dresden Blocks! 

Dresden Table Runner KIT

I love how soft the colors are in this fabric, and the tiny florals are absolutely perfect for this project.  I chose to do the larger print on the backing - which is absolutely stunning!  If you buy a kit - the backing and binding is included! So you don't have to worry about buying it separately! It's all in one pretty little package - ready for you to cut and sew!

Dresden Table Runner KIT


( I have included a paper template for the dresden blades - but you can purchase a Dresden Ruler separately here)



I hope you enjoy making this lovely project!

Talk to you soon,


5 comments:

Kathy E. said...

Yes, the Dresden block is on my to-do list for this year! This is such a pretty table runner and a super way to use the Dresden blocks. Thanks for sharing!

Christine S said...

Beautiful!!

shirley said...

Thank you for the tutorials. Love the them all.🐢

Jackie said...

Thank you for the tutorial! Love the fabrics!

Michele said...

That is so pretty. I like the soft colors.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...